[SWLUG] NTL Upgrade to 2meg sec but capped at i gig a day!!!

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 21:06:09 UTC 2005

Chris M. Jackson wrote:

>I thought they ditched the idea as unenforceable and likely to lose
>them valuable customers.  NTL's finances haven't really been brilliant
>these last few years ...
>
>Oh well, shows how well I've kept abreast of things ...

Oh they kept it, they just kept it very low key.. basically a fall-back
position from which to smack persistent deliberate offenders
presumably.  AFAIK the old cap was a 1Mb service with a 1Gb/day cap with
three instances over 1Gb allowed in a two week period.  The new service
is 2Gb with a cap which is apparently 30Gb/month with two instances a
week allowed over 1Gb.

The big print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Cheers,

Julian