[SWLUG] Help with system problems 1

linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 12:54:38 UTC 2005

I have a series of problems which are preventing me getting Gnome working.
It won't start up properly and I propose to take a few screen shots to get help.
However, before I start down this route. I have another irritating problem which is slowing me down.

At boot up. If I have't shutdown properly, which I cannot do at present, I have an extra Linux hard disk which is hdc1 I think. The system insists on checking it on boot up which takes an age.

What do I need to set to stop this. I am using windows to send this which is pretty awful.

Neil Jones
neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk