[SWLUG] Meeting Schedules

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:04:55 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Justin <justin at discordia.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 23:33 +0000, Chris M. Jackson wrote:
> > There is a bug in the schedule.  The recent pattern of meetings
> > suggests the pattern of rotation should be Cardiff-Swansea-Carmarthen
> > rather than the reverse, starting with Cardiff, not Swansea, on the
> > 21st.
>
> The sequence is actually
> $venues = array( 0 => "Swansea", 1 => "Cardiff", 2 => "Carmarthen");
>
> So to make last night still be carmarthen (which by a fluke it was
> anyway if you count from june 2003) then the next meeting will be
> swansea.

That seems to make sense, but it misses my point somewhat.  The last
two meetings were  Swansea and Carmarthen.  If the next one is in
Swansea, then we have Cardiff-Swansea-Carmarthen-Swansea-Cardiff.  I
suggest that given the order of the last three meetings, it would make
more sense that the next one be in Cardiff.  That way, we still have
three venues over four days over a total cycle of 24 weeks (!),
without an actual change in the (apparently) current order.  It also
means that the spacing between the last and next meetings in Swansea
and Cardiff are both 4 weeks, instead of the 2 and 6 respective weeks
as the current list provides.  Does this make at least some sense?

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities