[SWLUG] Swansea meeting reminder: 11 October 2005 - plus special offer ...

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 16:29:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 04:55:10PM +0100 or thereabouts, Chris M. Jackson wrote:
> Where: No Sign Bar, Wind Street, Swansea
> When: Tuesday 11 October, 7pm onwards.
>
> It's well-known that the pioneer mentality is not common, so here's
> something for the "I'll go, but not alone" types.  I am planning to
> travel from Cardiff to Swansea by train at around 6pm (will decide on
> exact time after browsing Timetable B).  If anyone else is also
> thinking about travelling by train, I think it would be a good idea to
> gather beforehand and travel down together.  Don't know Swansea

People without student railcards may be interested in the group
travel tickets some train companies are doing at the moment. If
three or more people go, you can get a third off.

The companies _not_ doing them include Virgin and I think Arriva.
Great Western certainly do them.

So if people are travelling together, they might want to arrive
early enough to stand in the queue and get these tickets. I don't
know whether the automatic machines know about them.

Telsa