[SWLUG] Introduction

Sarah doc.spencer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 21:07:51 UTC 2005

Hello... spikey haired Emergency Medicine consultant here.  Husband
told me about the list and reminded me, this evening, that he'd told
me I should join.  So I have.

>From what Glenn has said, there's been sufficient mention of me on the
list already... and there's not a lot to add, I guess.

I've finally found a Linux distro that I can deal with - Ubuntu is
working just fine for me.  The only thing I can't make work is my
scanner (which just won't, from what I've discovered)... and I'm not
keen on the Gimp compared to Photoshop.  So I have a dual boot machine
in order to use my scanner and Photoshop.  Having to keep it dual boot
for the scanner does allow me to continue my long standing
relationship with Photoshop.

I'll read and learn, I guess :-)

Sarah

PS Glad to hear that somebody enjoyed my talk at POW... and even
gladder to hear that I definitely 'bothered' some of the old farts!