[SWLUG] From sheet music to noises.

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 22:51:53 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 16:06, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> I have some sheet music for four (and more) voices and I want to get
> the hang of particular lines. I don't have a piano in the house and
> it's not going to fit into the range of a descant recorder. So I can't
> record those and then just play them back at myself until I know them.
>
> I suspect I can, though, laboriously type the music into SomeMusicApp
> and tell it then to generate the sound that that music makes. And then
> feed that to SomeSoundApp and turn it into wavs or oggs. (Oggs, being
> smaller, would be better for me.)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know what SomeMusicApp and SomeSoundApp might
> be called. Any suggestions?
>
> Oh yes. I know there is some fantastic application for generating
> beautiful PS-quality scores. That's not what I want. I want to make
> the sound happen, and then to be able to play it back again and
> again and again.
>
> Telsa

I have actually done this a while ago, not for the quite the same reason as
you need it Telsa, but  I had bought a copy of a book on counterpoint
composition and was entering examples. You can use NoteEdit for input a
score. It is a bit laborious especially for long florid passages. I have
considered a Midi Keyboard  and would recommend one to you.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/