[SWLUG] XMMS Playing Up

Gareth Rees lilg at welshsidebmx.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 21:54:29 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with XMMS and the Alsa
output.

I'm running XMMS 1.2.10 and every now and again it cuts out from
playing. hmm so annoying - i then have to press play or skip tracks for
it to kick in again.

I mailed there list and no luck. looking at there bugs saw a few and one
was about gaim running and interupting but not giving messages back. so
i quit gaim and started using centericq to see, with in the first 5 mins
it did the same!

phantomjinx said to try diffrent software to see if it was hardware, so
i have been running Rythmbox for the last hour and its working fine.
although i don't really like it because it doesn't read my id3 tags and
i prefer something nice and compact like XMMS.

I am running Fedora Core 4, has anyone had any similar problems like
this? (or even know of a similar app like XMMS) this is really starting
to bug me.

Many thanks
Gareth x
Lil G