[SWLUG] From sheet music to noises.

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 23:16:50 UTC 2005

Telsa

I haven't used rosegarden for a while, but I'm pretty sure last time I
was able to use timidity (the software sound module/sequencer). The
rosegarden/timidity combination should therefore do what you need.

I just picked up the latest rosegarden (not CVS) (having been prompted
by some emails from others in the swlug) and have started a
compile. Will have a butchers in the morning to check if it does what
you want.

It's been a while since I used RG, but with most of the music notation
programs I have used in the past it doesn't take too long to learn how
to enter a melody line quite rapidly (it is essential to learn the
keyboard short cuts, as doing it with menus etc is just too darn slow).

I assume you just want the alto line (or do you want the whole shebang
?)

Will update you on my investigations on Sunday.  The other alternative
is for you to scan the music, email it to me for me to play it into my
iriver and save it as an mp3/ogg.

Pete

[wow - this compile is taking a long time ....]