[SWLUG] Coaster and Arson with Mandrake 10.1 Official/KDE 3.2

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Oct 31 09:53:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Justin Mitchell wrote:

>> not to be able to write multiple times to a CD R, which is something I
>> can do in Nero/Windows.
> you have to erase it before you can write it again.
>
> dont know how its done in the gui program your using, but the standard
> command line tool is:  cdrecord -v blank=fast

He said CD-R, not CD-RW - I suspect he's talking about either
multi-session burning or UDF packet writing.  I'm not familiar with any of
the GUI tools, but multi-session writing can be done using mkisofs and
cdrecord (mkisofs has to read the disc first while constructing the new
session).  I did see some packet writing support in the kernel when I was
building the 2.6.14 kernel at the weekend, but I've no experience of how
to use it or how well it works.

--

  - Steve