[SWLUG] linux newbie

Gavin gavin.broome at virgin.net
Fri Sep 2 23:08:55 UTC 2005

Hi Keith and thanks for the reply!

When I was Googling LUG's in Wales, I only came up with SWLUG.  Perhaps I
wasn't looking hard enough. :)

I don't have many questions at the moment although I'm sure some will crop
up eventually.

One that I do have is that my partner has no interest in learning Linux with
me and shall forever remain one of Bill's followers (Until I say otherwise,
that is.)

I'd like to setup a dual boot for Windows XP Pro and Ubuntu 5.03 although as
far as I'm aware, it's a little trickier to do a dual boot with Linux when
your using NTFS.

Any recommendations on this would be appreciated although I really do see
myself shelling out for a secondary H/D and have XP on one and Ubuntu on the
other.

Oh and on a more serious note, it would be most beneficial to know what
everyone's favourite beverage is as far as the group meetings are concerned.

I like Guiness myself. ^_^

~Gavin~