[SWLUG] linux newbie

Gareth Rees lilg at welshsidebmx.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 23:52:27 UTC 2005

Ah, welcome to SWLUG.

> Gavin wrote:
>>Oh and on a more serious note, it would be most beneficial to know what
>>everyone's favourite beverage is as far as the group meetings are
>>concerned.
>
>>I like Guinness myself. ^_^

I'm a coke person myself.

We were all Linux newbie's at once (And for some of us we still are)
I found everyone in the user group really helpful and you will be surprised
on how quickly you grasp hold of things!

Depending on your hard drive capacity and the Ubuntu installation, will
determine if you need to get an extra drive or not. Remember it's easier to
have more than enough free space rather than not enough!
(I found it easier installing on an older machine I had)

I am still learning myself, sorry I can't give you to much of an expert
advice, hope to see you around meetings, or even pop by on the IRC channel
for some advice/talk

Lilg