[SWLUG] linux newbie

Lyn David Thomas lyn at trebute.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 17:45:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:08:29 +0100
Steve Anderson <steve at twindx.com> wrote:

> Dick Bain wrote:
> >
> > Why take a perfectly drinkable tea and then bugger it up with oil of bergamot?
> > Strong tea with a dash of milk and a nice rich tea biscuit, hmmm
>
> We concur. That is perfection, encapsulated in a ceramic container. I
> find Hobnobs a little too oily when they're dunked, so they're best to
> nibble on the side, I feel. And Tetley's a step in the right
> direction... I really like Welsh Brew and Yorkshire Tea - that's good,
> no nonsense, working man's tea =)

Now that Snapes [*] in Wolverhampton has closed I tend to drink
Glengettie, at least the packaging is bilingual and it is a good cup of
tea.

[*] A wonderful shop that had a window display that hadn't changed since
the 1880s and still weighed tea out on wonderful brass scales and hand
wrapped it in a sheet of paper tied up with sting... the string threaded
through a decorative cast iron contraption.  The counter was a 16ft by
4ft by 6inch block of teak!  Wonderful place, and cheep - generations of
working men bought their tea there.  Now closed and moved to the Black
Country museum.  Before it closed I'd buy months supplies of tea there
and bring it back to Cardiff.

--
Lyn David Thomas