[SWLUG] linux mp3 players advice please

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 13:26:03 UTC 2005

On 9/18/05, Neil Jones <linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Are there any issues that I should be aware of when using one with Linux?
> Is it rather like digital cameras where they will work anyway?
> Or are there other problems?

i've got both mini ipod and an iriver.  i've also used some of the
pocket keyfob usb type players too.  all have worked fine with linux,
as always YMMV.

the only gotchas i've noticed are that some are a lot better than
others :)  still waiting for gapless playback to become a standard
function though.  sigh.  it seems the people that make these things
have no idea about music.

bitter music fan.