[SWLUG] Any good computer stores near Cardiff?

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 10:12:58 UTC 2005

On 9/24/05, Glenn Booth <d.glenn.booth at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The comment about the rest of Crwys Road/City Road is correct, but I think
> > the quality varies.

definitely true.  avoid them unless it's urgent and/or you can haggle
the price down.  i tend to buy most bits online and only buy local for
small emergency bits.

> I tend to avoid Maplin for PC bits - I've had mixed experiences with
> them in the past. Good for electronic components though.

they're okay, but everything is overpriced!  rubbish for cat5 although
i did get a desperately needed 25M piece 2 mnths ago.  okay for minor
computer components and nuts/bolts/etc.

--
Gerald Davies