[SWLUG] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3, 8)

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 11:16:52 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, Julian Hall <lists at kaotic.co.uk> wrote:

> Sometimes it refuses to enable to touchpad and keyboard forcing a hardware shtdown.

doh

> Any ideas at all *please*?

well, if you're not doing anything else (and by that i mean messing
about with grub/lilo/kernels/updates/etc) then i'd be inclined to
think that's what's causing it.

> At the current rate Linux is getting
> reinstalled more often than Windows on my computers due to obscure
> crashes and errors that I can almost never find on Google.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K282354EC

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G5A2124EC

start reading as i don't have time today ;)

> I don't *want* to ditch Linux, but unless it starts showing me more of
> the mythical reliability it's supposed to have, I will be very soon.

no offence, but a bad workman always blames his tools :)  if you're
routinely powering off your box then i'm not surprised when thinks go
pear shaped.

btw, why xandros?

--
Gerald Davies