[SWLUG] bbc climate model

brent brent.heard at ic24.net
Sun Apr 2 17:48:14 UTC 2006

Hi,
is anyone running the bbc climate model?

I am finding it problematic.  Its failed twice now, the first time after a few
days and again after running for about 3 weeks reporting a SIGSEG fault. I
have reported it to the BBC message board and it looks like their not sure
either.  It would be of interest to me to know how many people are running
this and if they have had problems.

Aparently it may affect motherboards equipped with NVidia based graphics, it
may be associated with the client software which runs the model, it may be
library incompatablity issues.

I thought I would poll the group to see how many are running the model and
what system configurations they are using to help track down the problem.

regards,
Brent

I use Mandrake 10.1 (red hat based) running KDE 3.2.3. on ABit NF7 m/board
with NVidia graphics built.-in fitted with AMD 2000 Athlon