[SWLUG] Thunderbird Spell Checker

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 16:39:59 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Finally got T'bird 1.5 (Windows) updated to the UK dictionary.  The
instructions have been changed on the Mozilla website.  What you have to
do is open the extensions manager and drag the link for the English (UK)
dictionary into the Extensions Manager.  It disappears after you install
it (which I found a tad unnerving, especially as there was no mention of
that on the website).  However I sent myself a test mail and it
spel-checked it with a choice fo US or UK.  Now all I have to do is work
out how to *remove* the US spelling.

I'll report back if I get the Linux one updated as well.

Kind regards,

Julian