[SWLUG] Mandriva Printing Problem

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 15:47:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 07/04/06, Paul G. Richardson <Paul.G.Richardson at logicacmg.com> wrote:

> The config seems fine as it worked but something has changed as it now
> does not. Thought I had solved it by reinstalling the printer in cups
> but the problem has returned.

The problem having returned makes me think this might be an msec problem.
It can mess with cups something terrible, and it's not always obvious. I
can't
offer a solution sorry - haven't used Mandrake since 10.1, and moved to
Ubuntu when msec kept messing me around! Googling for "msec cups
mandriva" will get you some ideas.

>Any help, ideas, "you bloody well should have tried this before
>bothering writing this mail!!" much appreciated.

All things are easy in retrospect :-)

All the best,

Glenn.