[SWLUG] Update on spellchecking

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 17:18:28 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your help with spell checking tips. I thought I'd let you
know how it worked out.

First of all I am actually building the site with Gedit.
I got the outline of a master page and I have written a perl program to
add the outline to each page. I have adopted this attitude because I
learned web programing on Win3.1 with notepad and since most of the work
is just writing things it is a fairly easy approach.

Spell checking won't come on in my version of Gedit but I have
discovered to my delight that aspell ignores HTML tags.
Therefore it is ideal  for this purpose on its own.

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.siaradcymraeg.com/