[SWLUG] php-5.1.2 where the hell?

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 15:44:11 UTC 2006

justin at discordia.org.uk wrote:
> Sorry, i hadnt read it carefully enough, as was pointed out you seem to
> have a version of php that is newer than centos provides.

Don't worry anyway. As usual your encyclopaedic knowledge has helped provide the right clues.

> and with it having been badly/wrongly compiled, you would need to find
> the SRPM it was built from, and rebuild it with the right options turned
> on.
>
> rpm -qi php
> should give you hints as to where it came from if you want to try that
> route.

Thanks. It turns out it is a special version put together by the company I am renting the virtual box off.

> if you can live with the slight downgrade to 5.0.4 then i would
> recommend that you delete your existing installed php rpm and let yum
> fetch the one from centosplus that does have mysql support modules.

Now that I know there is a mysql-php rmp set up that is what I am doing.

> yum search php
> will tell you which repository it finds a package in as well as what
> version, so you can be sure your not going to get it from somewhere
> strange.

I had already tried yum. I should have said. There is no trace of it on the box!

> check in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo to see if the [centosplus]
> section has been disabled (enabled=0) and enable it to get the extra
> stuff that wasnt in rhel.

The directory doesn't exist on this box. What I am trying is downloading it from  Centosplus manually and installing it.

THanks again.

Neil
neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk