[SWLUG] Hello SWLUG

Ace Ironballs ace_ironballs at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 16:07:00 UTC 2006

Hello

  My name is Mark and i live in Caerau, Cardiff. I am new to Linux and would like to be a part of your group. Like all new Linux users [ i suspect] i am getting nowhere fast.
  I have managed to install Ubuntu 5.10 [i got it off ebay] on a old computer at home and it hasn't, so far, been the miracle cure for the illness that is Microsoft. I guess the problems i am facing are the usual ones, bt broadband connection [well, lack of to be honest] and my screen is unstable. Maybe Ubuntu is not the best introduction to Linux for me or my computer?? I would welcome any of your suggestions. I would really love to hear if anyone has actually managed to get a Linux OS up and running that they are happy with and it is equal to Windows OS.

  Thanks - Mark