[SWLUG] Hello SWLUG

Matej Cepl ceplm at seznam.cz
Thu Aug 3 17:40:12 UTC 2006

Ace Ironballs wrote:
>   Maybe Ubuntu is not the best introduction to Linux for me or my
>   computer?? I would welcome any of your suggestions. I would really love
>   to hear if anyone has actually managed to get a Linux OS up and running
>   that they are happy with and it is equal to Windows OS.

Ubuntu is currently considered to be the most "newbie-friendly" Linux
distribution (or one of the ...). So hang on, just let us know exactly what
you tried, what should happen, what happened. Describe us your
configuration (hardware, type of modem, type of video card) -- the easiest
way how to get this information is to run in xterm/terminal/konsole
(whatever type of command line terminal emulator you have)

sudo lspci -v

and send us the output of this command.

Best,

Matěj Cepl

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

This message has been composed of recycled electrons. None of
these electrons has been harmed or injured in the creation and
transmission of this message but they have been shamelessly
exploited for this use.