[SWLUG] Hello SWLUG

Edward Evans eje at edevans.uklinux.net
Thu Aug 3 18:48:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:07:00 +0100 (BST)
Ace Ironballs <ace_ironballs at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello
>
>   My name is Mark and i live in Caerau, Cardiff. I am new to Linux and
>   would like to be a part of your group. Like all new Linux users [ i
>   suspect] i am getting nowhere fast.
...snip...
>   I would really love to hear if anyone has actually
>   managed to get a Linux OS up and running that they are happy with
>   and it is equal to Windows OS.
>
>   Thanks - Mark

Just a note of encouragement.  I am an amateur as far as computers are
concerned, but when I retired I was interested in Linux and since
then I have installed probably 10 different distributions, totalling
at least 30 installs if you count the different versions of the same
distro.  I should say about 80% successfully, but all requiring
a bit of tweaking to get them working properly.  As for being happy with
Linux versus Windows, about a year ago I accidentally deleted Win 2000
on my laptop (due to a SuSe install being too clever for me) and I
haven't missed it at all.

Goodluck!

Edward