[SWLUG] "Best" laptop for Fedora Core 5?

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 09:18:57 UTC 2006

On 8/4/06, Mark Summerfield <mark at qtrac.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to buy a laptop to run Fedora Core 5 and was wondering if anyone
> has any comments/advice, or has a laptop running FC5? I'll be making it
> dual boot because although I do all my work under Linux I have to test
> cross-compiled stuff on Windows. (I'm looking to get 60+GB disk, 0.5GB
> RAM, 1280x800 screen, and don't mind a "slow" processor.)

In our place we tend to go with Dell Latitudes (in particular those
around the D600 model).  My D600 works fine with FC out of the box.
However, we have a D620 and that required extra software to get the
graphics working properly with X, and the WIFI software had to be
compiled manually too.  I think, as always, the more bleeding edge the
equipment the more problems you will have :)

Have a look on: http://www.linux-laptop.net

2p

--
Gerald Davies