[SWLUG] rsync & Maildir

Foeh Mannay swlug at wormtail.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 21:58:01 UTC 2006

Jonathan Wright wrote:
> You could try something like:
>
> find ~/Maildir -type f -mmin -60 > /tmp/$(date +%Y%m%d%H)
> rsync --archive --files-from=/tmp/$(date +%Y%m%d%H) from:/path to:/path
>
> (-mmin means include only those that have been modified within the
> last 60 minutes)

Hi,

I thought about doing that, and only synching if the files were younger
than an hour, but:

a) It won't remove mails from one server when they are deleted on the other

and

b) If a synch gets missed due to prolonged outage, the files that would
have been synched up get ignored in the later passes.

Cheers,

Foeh