[SWLUG] mass marketing Linux?

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 22:26:29 UTC 2006

For distro I'd go for Xandros - Debian based, file-manager looks similar
to Windows, but obviously none of the bugs.  The free version comes with
a raft of goodies, Firefox, T'bird, GIMP, Open Office etc, and of course
you can add whatever is missing using the Xandros Networks utility
(apt-get GUI I think).

For multiple installs I would get a Win98 boot disk, and a copy of Ghost
(DOS based version).  That recognises Linux partitions *and* will back
them into a CD burnable image file.  Do one PC as you want it, make the
image, then inflate it to all the other machines.  You can do roughly
one every 20 minutes that way :)

Kind regards,

Julian