[SWLUG] Introduction

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 15:32:52 UTC 2006

Steve Hill wrote:
> I've not had any stability problems with my 2Mb ADSL, even when
> saturating it. OTOH I've heard nothing but complaints about NTL's
> "translucent" proxy servers breaking and leaving people without web
> access for days on end.
I'm not going to evangelise ntl: (I did after all leave for a *reason* -
irrelevant to this discussion ;)), however I've had ntl: cable for
around 5 years maybe more, and in all that time had about 6 days of
downtime.. and most of that was in one lump - lack of tech ability on
their side, couldn't get it through to them that it was THEIR DHCP
refusing to renew the lease to my modem and not my modem's fault.
Anyway that was sorted and bar the odd hour or so once in a blue moon
I've had no trouble at all.

Kind regards,

Julian