[SWLUG] Introduction/ ADSL in cardiff

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 15:55:04 UTC 2006

Steve Hill wrote:
> My experience of NTL is similar, but combined with appauling customer
> service:
Not unusual unfortunately.
> (I've been told by various people who worked in the NTL call centres
> at the time that the penalties for not answering enough calls were
> reasonably harsh and so it encouraged them to increase the number of
> answered calls by hanging up immediately)
Strange.. where I worked we checked team stats every week and anyone
showing an unusual number of short calls, ie cut offs was on the carpet
- I recall at least one person getting their P45 for it - maybe just how
we ran the place and evidently *not* ntl: wide policy I'm sorry to say.

I have to say the ntl: *service* is pretty rock solid IMHO, however I
can't disagree with any of the comments about their Customer Service,
which is the wrong side of lousy on a good day.  e.g. I rang once in the
opening titles of Batman Returns... I was answered in the closing titles<??>

Kind regards,

Julian