[SWLUG] Introduction/ ADSL in cardiff

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 22:48:30 UTC 2006

Steve Anderson wrote:
> NTL still owe me £18 that they over charged me from when I had cable in
> Cardiff - four years ago. Every now and then they send me a bill for
> £0.00 showing my credit. I'd get it back from them if I thought the £18
> was worth losing the will to live in the loop of being on hold and
> getting to talk to someone who can't grasp that not only do I not want
> to rejoin NTL, the topology of my street actively prevents it... this
> seems not to sink in. My hair and sanity are worth the £18 spared.

I think I'm still owed around £30 (£30.50 IIRC). Not sure if I'll ever
use it/get it back! :)

I think as for CS and setup, it's similar between BT/ADSL and NTL -
generally, if you can get your setup in and running, you're laughing. If
you do get the occasional problems, the more technical knowledge you
have, the more they get into problems :)

However - most, if not all, of the problems do seam to come from the
installation/setup phase. At least that's been my experience :)

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.14-gentoo-r2-djnauk-b1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                         ~ Perry King