[SWLUG] Web response times

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 14:01:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 13:36, Peter wrote:
> Hi Neil
>
> I have a mix, some are my own which I have on a 2Mbit line and
> then I just rent a shared server one in the uk and one in the US I
> made sure both of these were sparsley populated which seems to be
> the key to getting a good reponse time.
> The other option is to rent an entire server yourself, not as costly as it
> was.
>
> Peter

That is exactly what I am looking at. As the stuff is experimental and I
can't afford to gamble a lot of money just to test a concept I am
looking at some cheap deals. I have found one at $54 PCM in the states.

I am currently using one of these virtual server setups that is very
very cheap but it looks as if I need much more hard disk for what I am
about to try.

Neil Jones
Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk