[SWLUG] linux-friendly internet connectors

'o-Dzin Tridral tridral at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:16:37 UTC 2006

On 09/01/06, Glasiad <glasiad at linuxquestions.net> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> [...]
>
> If the answer is no to either or both parts of that question, what may I
> ask is an easy and affordable solution to getting a Linux box hooked up to
> the internet available to us here in Wales?
>
> hwyl!
> Glasiad

In case it is of any help, we're happily connected via a Linksys WRT54G and
NTL in Cardiff.  The router is plugged in to the NTL box via an ethernet
cable and has four ports as well as its wireless ability.  I've got the
desktop machine wired in and we use four laptops wirelessly.  All  Suse 10.0,
but it was also all fine with  Mandrake 10.0.  The WRT54G is a linux model
and it uses web-based admin.  Never a moment of trouble with it.

cofion gorau,

'o-Dzin

--
'ö-Dzin Tridral