[SWLUG] Apache PHP modules

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 18:28:30 UTC 2006

Peter Bradley wrote:
> On investigation, I find that /usr/lib64/php/extensions contains shared
> object files (*.so).  The files being reported as not found in the
> apache2 error_log appear to be executables that are located in
> /usr/lib64/php5/extensions.
>
> Does anyone know if I've diagnosed the problem correctly, and - more
> importantly, I guess - how I can solve it?
>
> Many thanks

You can either symlink the php5 directory to php under /usr/lib64
(although this doesn't work if /usr/lib64/php already exists):

ln -s php5 /usr/lib64/php

or, you can edit your php.ini (usually under /etc or /etc/php), changing
the following variable (but if any configuration overwrites this value,
you're back to square one):

extension_dir = /path/to/extensions

HTH,

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.15-gentoo-r1-djnauk AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                        ~ Lorne Bloch