[SWLUG] Ubuntu

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 22:20:19 UTC 2006

Steve Anderson wrote:
> On 04/07/06, Steve Smith <steve.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone got any advice on the pros and cons of Mambo, Joomla and
>> Drupal?  I need to pick one!
>
> I tried Mambo and hated it. I tried Drupal and loved it, and have
> stuck with it for the past year and a bit. Joomla I only heard of a
> few weeks ago; it appears pretty good but I'm happy with Drupal.

Joomla is the open-source version of Mambo, forked after Mambo was
bought and now managed by some company. I think right now, the main
difference is the license (depending on what version you go for).

Me: Drupal and have been for about a year now. Easily extensible (had a
stab at it last year) and themes are not that hard to build (although
it's been a while and there's a lot of changes between 4.6, what I'm
running, and 4.7).

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.15-gentoo-r1-djnauk AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                    ~ Denise McCanles