[SWLUG] Apache PHP modules

Peter Bradley apvx95 at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 5 17:53:41 UTC 2006

Justin Mitchell wrote:
> <snip />
>
> this looks like you have upgraded you php version a few times.
>
> <snip />
>
> So if after an upgrade you find that the config for a program doesnt
> quite work right, it may be because the ini file has not been upgraded
> at all, and there is an .rpmnew file there for you to merge with and
> manually update to.

Ah!  Right.  Yes, it was probably all those times I was messing about
trying to get the ZendPlatform to work.  How should I proceed from
here?  Because the file /etc/php.ini is just a symlink.  The real
php.ini is in the Zend file system and presumably contains some
Zend-specific stuff that will break Zend if I simply overwrite it with
the new file ...

I'm a bit stuck here.

Peter