[SWLUG] Apache PHP modules

Peter Bradley apvx95 at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 5 18:26:24 UTC 2006

Jonathan Wright wrote:
> Peter Bradley wrote:
>
>> Ah!  Right.  Yes, it was probably all those times I was messing about
>> trying to get the ZendPlatform to work.  How should I proceed from
>> here?  Because the file /etc/php.ini is just a symlink.  The real
>> php.ini is in the Zend file system and presumably contains some
>> Zend-specific stuff that will break Zend if I simply overwrite it
>> with the new file ...
>>
>> I'm a bit stuck here.
>
> It won't fix the problem - they're just old files or updates. There's
> very little difference between a php.ini for version 4 and one for
> version 5. The main issue here is the extensions directory and from
> what you sent that looks fine.
>
> How important is it that you have PHP4 installed as well? Could you
> remove all instances of PHP and then just install PHP5. If we can get
> just that working, we many have more success getting PHP4 alongside.

Hi Jonathan,

Once again my thanks for sticking with this.

I'd rather get rid of php4.  I only installed it because YaST refused to
install php5 without it and has subsequently refused to uninstall it
without also uninstalling php5.

FYI, I did a diff on php.ini and php.ini.rpmnew, which is attached.
You'll see that the only difference is the addition of the paths for the
extensions and the addition of the stuff for Zend.

Cheers

Peter