[SWLUG] Compiler on Ubuntu by default (Was: Another new person!)

Andy Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Fri Jun 30 11:59:10 UTC 2006

On 30/06/06 12:02, Steve Anderson wrote:
> Also, a suggestion for distros (but Ubuntu especially) - include a
> tarball of your kernel source and all the compilers needed for people
> to be able to compile their own modules straight away.
This (overly long) thread on ubuntu-devel might be interesting to you:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-June/018552.html

"I would like to propose that, beginning in Edgy, Ubuntu desktop
systems (both live and installed) should, by default, include the
set of packages necessary to compile simple C programs and Linux
kernel modules."

--
Andy Price
http://andrewprice.me.uk