[SWLUG] Another new person!

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 30 22:17:18 UTC 2006

Ubuntu is my Linux distro as well.  I dabbled with Slackware many
years ago. Then a few years ago tried Debian and struggled with X
configuration and my network card. I chose Ubuntu because it was
Debian based.  I've had no problems with it working with my old Dell or
my SCSI scanner or the network card.  I can even hot plug a memory
stick into a USB hub (which I couldn't do with Win 98 SE). But despite
all its virtues I still use Windows a lot.  Its all about the key apps I use
(especially MS Money).  So I'm doing a lot to test out Wine, but that's
an uphill struggle. (Any Wine gurus out there?)

Tony