[SWLUG] PCMCIA Gentoo

Pete Prior swlug at nermal.org
Mon Mar 27 09:27:05 UTC 2006

Hi Kris,

I don't use Gentoo any more and pcmcia works out of the box with the
stock Ubuntu kernel.  The ebuild says that pcmcia support needs to be
enabled as "built in" in the kernel config.  Have you tried the other
socket drivers?

It would be helpful if you could attach the output of the 'dmesg'
command after booting to an email, or you could try the gentoo forums -
they are usually pretty good.

Pete