[SWLUG] Re: Quietest Meeting Ever

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 20:02:03 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Emyr Derfel <emyr42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> not a clue how much it'd cost, but if you talked nicely to the head of
> school, Prof Nick Fiddian, he might be willing to accommodate us...?

>From my experience with the Lightning Talks, Nick seems to be
sympathetic.  If you did want to try and secure use of the Linux lab
(and possibly temporary accounts), your best bet will probably be to
speak to the local sysadmin Robert Evans first to see *if* it would be
feasible.  I would imagine that if you can rope in enough friends with
laptops (sadly I'm graduating this year, so my registration will
probably lapse) you might be able to have something to demonstrate on
- admittedly the machines are not arranged ideally for that sort of
thing.

Be warned that when reading the above, I've no idea how that would
actually work, and given SWLUG has a great deal of inertia (lots of
busy people without the time to do this), it would be up to you to
research it, and look into making it happen (bear in mind the issue
with laptops).  If you're around for the next LUG meeting in Cardiff,
there'll probably be someone there who might know something.

Good luck,

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities