[SWLUG] graphics cards

nick nick at lionrampant.co.uk
Tue May 2 16:22:54 UTC 2006

Heh,

OK, nvidia aren't that bad. Free driver works OK but doesn't
support many of the XGL extensions newer games need to run.

The proprietary driver installs pretty easily, and works
quite smoothly, but has no framebuffer (e.g. pretty penguin
and decent resolution on console) support.

Basically it's alright but I would have expected something
else to be
better. I guess I'm mistaken.

-Nick