[SWLUG] [Fwd: WiFi Breakthrough]

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Wed May 3 10:51:10 UTC 2006

Richard John wrote:
> Great news for Linux. I personaly don't need them, but I know it's been
> a barrier for many people.

I used them alot myself and it can be a pain (I even have an Atheros
chipset in the laptop and RT2500 in both my brothers desktop and his
girlfriends laptop - both of which I'm trying to get to move to Linux!)

However, the big bonus I can see from that one is the inclusion of WPA
within the kernel itself, not a separate WPA user-space implementation
which has always made it a pain to work with, esp when you're moving
between wireless networks!

--
  Jonathan Wright
   ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
   ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
  2.6.15-gentoo-r1-djnauk AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
  cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)

                                                         ~ Boy George