[SWLUG] Configuring Apache for php under SuSE 9.3 Pro

peter apvx95 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 13 11:20:31 UTC 2006

I've cracked it.  I uninstalled everything to do with Apache and PHP and
then reinstalled using YaST.  Now it all "just works".

Although I've not had time yet to investigate fully, here's what I
suspect happened ...

For the last 8 months I've been working with Mono, doing a project for
my MSc.  When I reinstalled apache2 and php4, YaST complained about some
broken dependencies and said that it would have to uninstall mod_mono
and subversion.  It also had to downgrade a library - although I can't
remember which one, now.

So I think there was some conflict here, possibly because I used Red
Carpet for Mono, rather than YaST.

Anyway, the upshot is that it all now works.

Thank you all very much for taking an interest and providing such a
great deal of help.  I hope that one day I'll be able to return the favour.

Best regards

Peter