[SWLUG] Advice please: broadband + laptop

Mark Summerfield mark at qtraining.eu
Mon May 15 11:05:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm planning to get broadband. At the moment I'm with BT but want to switch.
Pipex seem to offer phone + broadband; does anyone have
recommendations? (I think NTL are in my area--Pontardawe). I only want
to use it with Linux (Debian, or Kubutu).

Also I need to buy a laptop; I'll need to dual boot XP & Linux
(defaulting to Linux).
The Linux on Laptops site lists masses, but does anyone have recommendations?
(I'm looking for 500 quid ~1200x800 screen 40GB+ disk 512MB RAM; need
to be able to read/write CD/DVD, but don't care about multimedia--but
do want big screen.)

Thanks.

--
Mark