[SWLUG] Advice please: broadband + laptop

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Mon May 15 23:21:08 UTC 2006

On 5/15/06, Kris Zani <kriszani at iscavision.com> wrote:
> NTL registration - when i did it - was through a windows only EXE not a
> web browser
Hmm... must have been a good while ago.  Certainly for the last couple
of years, all you need to do is pull up a web browser, and try to go
somewhere (anywhere will do).  When it's established that you've not
registered yet, you get a page telling you such with a link to the
registration process (albeit crippled by aforementioned pointless use
of JavaScript)

> just stating a fact don't want a flame war. my personal laptop has run
Note the ever so important difference between fact and opinion. ;-)

In my opinion, having built a complete system from source by hand
(none of those fancy automatic ebuild doodads), the performance on
most modern hardware is such that the difference isn't noticeable.
Again, no more than opinion.

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities