[SWLUG] KDE 3.4 Login Manager

p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 11:01:35 UTC 2006

Stephen,

You have to bear in mind that with Mandriva (and maybe other distros), you
are not just up against the tweaking of KDE but also the tweaking of
Mandriva itself.

Now what you have done:
1. Gone through the Mandriva wizards to define the default OS and to log
automatically into KDE. (during install process)

2. Used KDE Control Centre to update user settings.

Try loading up Mandriva Control Centre (drakconf is the command to run on
the command line) and changing the auto login settings from there. You
might find you are at least back to your original install.

Mandriva and KDE control modules appear to have a funny relationship. For
example, just try changing a menu entry using MdkMenuEdit app and then use
KDEMenuEdit.

Best in Mandy to stick to one method or the other unless you want to
fiddle with individual xml files.

Regards

Paul