[SWLUG] dual homed system problem

Cardiff IT Support Ltd cardiffit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 22:14:23 UTC 2006

hi all,

I have a CentOS system with 2 NIC's.  From the console I cannot ping
the address of the linksys router connected to one of the interfaces.

I get 'destination network unreachable'.

I think maybe I need a 'route add' statement?

one nic is on 192.168.0.10 and connected to local network
other nic is on 192.168.1.10 and connected to router.

PC's on the LAN can ping 192.168.0.10 successfully, but from the console i
cannot ping the linksys router which is on 192.168.1.1 or i cannot ping any
address on internet.

Is it a route statement i need? If yes, any ideas of syntax /
settings appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Sean Browne