[SWLUG] D-Link Routers

Peter Bradley P.Bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 26 21:24:04 UTC 2006

I have a problem with a D-Link DSL -G604T wireless router.  It won't
allow NNTP or FTP connections (i.e. I can't use a new reader and I can't
ftp stuff to and from a web site).  The latter is particularly
annoying.  It used to allow NNTP and FTP, but suddenly stopped.

I'm sure the problem is with the router, because it (the problem) still
exists if I try to connect to a news server or perfom FTP operations
from my Windows partition.  So it ain't the SuSE firewall.

I'm running SuSE 10.0 on a Compaq AMD athlon 64 bit dual core box.

Any help or suggestions (except to try D-Link support, which I can tell
you is a waste of time) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Peter