[SWLUG] VNC across the 'net.

Rhys Hardwick rhys.hardwick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 01:06:53 UTC 2006

Hi Andrew,

For a good overview of vnc networking in linux, see this months linux
format.  It goes through several different programs and solutions to
the problem you have.

The short of it is use TightVNC - it has encryption built in, and
should work relatively well across a broadband connection.  It also
has servers and clients for windows, linux, and a client for MacOSX.

Also, for working across the internet, you will have to set up
port-forwarding, as Keith said.  There should be plenty on how to do
this on google.  I recommend looking for your particular router, and
I'm sure you'll find relevant instructions.

Let us know how you get on,

Rhys