[SWLUG] which host for web hosting ...?

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Tue Sep 19 14:32:32 UTC 2006

On 19 Sep 2006, at 15:26, Richard John wrote:

> I disagree, 1&1 have always been brilliant for me. 100% uptime most
> of the time, fast servers, and the tech support is great.

It would've been nice if my experience was the same. I found their
servers dreadfully slow, and at the time it would take an hour or so
to create a mailbox. That was a couple of years back, but even
recently I have no confidence in them as I ordered a domain name onto
my account, and a couple of hours later it still wasnt registered, so
while I was waiting for them to register it, I registered it with
someone else.

Also, after leaving them and closing my account, they still send me
promo emails. I ask them to stop, and they email back saying 'log
into your account'. I explain I have no account, and they go quiet.
So, I get some spam once in a while..