[SWLUG] Xgl and Official Hellos

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Tue Sep 19 19:36:15 UTC 2006

Hello everyone..

Firstly, I just want to introduce myself.
I currently live in England, in Malvern, but I am hoping to be moving
shortly towards Swansea - Hopefully into the Gower (depending on
Broadband) once fincances are sorted out. I currently work at a private
school providing technical support but mainly programming PHP, Perl and
REALbasic. I am also hellbent on replacing all the Windows servers with
Debian replacements (for Active Directory / RADIUS) and geeking at the
BSD side of Mac Servers.

I am wondering if anyone has played with Xgl - the OpenGL port of X. I
have tried to install it on my laptop, but it seems that the graphics
adapter (some naff ATI Rage Mobility chipset) does not seem to support
OpenGL in Linux - the fglrx module does not load.
II have seen clips of the new eye candy of which windows are jelly-like
and have all kinds of pretty different functions.

Has anyone managed to get it working?

Andy